Edward the Emu & Girl Hand Puppet & Free Drawstring bag
- Heidi, 46cm high Girl Hand Puppet, is carefully hand-crafted with excellent detail & embroidered engaging eyes. An average size adult hand fits comfortably from the back of the puppet into its head, mouth & arms.
- Edward the Emu, written by Sheena Knowles and illustrated by Rod Clement, this timeless Australian Classic has delighted children for generations. Explore the different animals at the zoo with Edward.
- Free Cotton Drawstring Bag
Hand Puppet is quality tested to meet all international standards & safe for 3 years plus.
Book & Hand Puppet Gift Set includes; A Timeless Australian Classic that continues to delight young children - and their parents. Edward the Emu was sick of the zoo. But there's nowhere to go, there's nothing to do. And compared to the seals that lived right next door. Well being an emu was frankly a bore. First published in 1988, EDWARD THE EMU has become a timeless Australian classic picture books that continues to delight children - and their parents. Children will be engaged reading the story using our friendly and cuddly Heidi, hand puppet, or listening to you read the story to them with Heidi. The puppet will make the story fun and exciting!
Your child will fall in love with Heidi from the moment they pick her up and play with her.
Heidi as a puppet will engage your child in the story, developing language, teaching them to love reading and encouraging them to write. Your child will gain confidence in storytelling, reading and writing.
Bring Heidi to life when you put your hand inside her and manipulate her. An average size adult hand and fingers fit comfortably from the back of her body into her head, mouth and arms. Her mouth opens and she has a tongue. You can move her mouth, head, and arms. Her head, body, arms and legs are stuffed to allow easy handling for play and to make the puppet more like a stuffed soft toy.
Heidi is easy to use, fun to play with, cute, cuddly and lovable.
This Book & Girl Hand Puppet Gift Set includes;
Edward the Emu; A Timeless Australian Classic that continues to delight young children - and their parents. Edward the Emu was sick of the zoo. Written by Sheena Knowles and Illustrated by Rod Clement. A book that has delighted generations of kids. Explore the different animals at the zoo with Edward when he decides he doesn't want to be an Emu anymore.
- Heidi, 46cm high hand puppet, is made from premium quality soft velour fabric. She has long straight yellow blond hair, pale peach/pink skin, yellow blond embroidered eyebrows and black embroidered eyelashes. Her carefully embroidered beautiful round green engaging eyes look at you with love and kindness. She has cute fingers, toes, ears, nose and navel. She is stuffed and looks more like a stuffed toy or fabric doll, making it easier for you to hold her and manipulate her as a puppet. You will fall in love with Heidi from the moment you pick her up and play with her.
- Free Unbleached Cotton Drawstring book bag
Quality tested to meet all international standards including CE, ASTM, CPSIA and ISO.
Suitable for children 3+ years old.
Puppets as an educational toy will:
- develop language and reading skills.
- freely express emotional issues and resolve them, by using the puppet as an extension of self.
- trigger imaginative and creative play when children perform their own puppet show.
- work motor skills by manipulating the puppet; or when taking the puppet’s clothes off or putting them back on the puppet, or when using buttons, zippers, or shoelaces.
- gain confidence, become brave and improve self-esteem.
- encourages socialising, team building, organisational skills and public speaking.
Click here for Product Safety information.
Click here for Care Guidance information.