David, Game Keeper, Winter Navy Safari, 46cm HP
Made using 100% Premium Quality Soft Polyester Velour Fabric.
David, our 46cm Boy Hand Puppet loves to look after animals and helps out at the zoo. He wants to become a Animal Doctor or Veterinarian and wants to learn about animals. He has been on many bush walks, gone to animal reserves or sanctuaries and travelled to Africa and gone to game reserves. He is very caring and looks after animals will lots of love, compassion and kindness.. You will have fun together caring for animals and learning about many animals with David.
David is made from premium quality soft velour fabric. He has short curly black hair, light brown skin, embroidered black eyebrows. He has carefully embroidered beautiful round green engaging eyes that look at you with love and kindness His fingers, toes, ears, nose and navel are very cute. He is made with excellent detail and is stuffed to look more like a soft toy, fabric stuffed doll, character or person. His stuffing and design makes it easier for you to hold him and to manipulate him as a puppet. You will fall in love with David from the moment you pick him up and play with him.
An average size adult hand and fingers fit comfortably from the back of his body into his head, mouth and arms. His mouth opens and he has a tongue. His head, body, arms and legs are stuffed to allow easy handling for play and to make the puppet more like a stuffed soft toy. Bring David to life when you put your hand inside him and move his head, mouth and arms.
He is wearing clothes that protect him at game reserves and when he goes out exploring and looking for animals in the wild. You will love the detail in his clothes and impress your friends! You can take all his clothes off to change his outfit.
- long sleeve navy jacket with buttons, collar, pockets and belt.
- navy pants using the same fabric as the jacket.
- brown vinyl ankle boots with a flap that comes over the laces.
- full brim light brown-camel hat to protect him from sunburn.
Take him to school or feature him in a puppet show about nature or game reserves or sanctuaries and talk about why we need them to protect our wildlife and their environment. His clothes will inspire you to share stories about working with animals and helping them.
David loves to play and is a great listener. He can be a chatter box and will keep you company for hours becoming your best friend. Bring him to life and share many experiences with him.
He will inspire your imagination, allow you the freedom to be creative and to come out of your shell. If you’re shy, you can use David and speak through him to articulate how you are feeling or to gain courage to play with other kids. You can use him to re-tell stories you heard or to create your own stories.
Research with early education specialists has highlighted and proven that Puppets as an educational toy for a child’s growing and developing mind and as a teacher’s or parent’s aid has many benefits;
- By bringing their puppet to life as an independent personality, children will gain courage to speak in front of their classmates and to practise public speaking. David will assist them to interact and socialise with other children and adults.
- Through David children will be able to articulate emotional stresses and feelings and resolve them. They can express themselves, gain confidence and become brave with a can-do attitude.
- Children will use their puppet to role play and repeat various tasks that they find challenging improving their confidence and self-esteem.
- The puppets will work fine and gross motor skill dexterity, and hand-eye coordination. Children need to put their hand inside the puppet to manipulate the arms, face, mouth and tongue. David can be undressed to allow a change of clothes. Some puppet clothes have buttons, zippers and shoelaces. Practising tasks such as; doing up buttons or tying shoelaces will give them confidence and help them become independent.
- Puppets inspire imaginative play, trigger creativity, tests memory, and develops language and reading skills. When children re-tell a story they heard, you will see what they remembered and get an insight into their use of language.
- Children can perform a puppet show, which encourages organisational skills, script writing when they create their own story, language development and use of language when they perform the show, or they may express emotions or feeling that are bothering them through their performance.
Quality tested to meet all international standards including CE, ASTM, CPSIA and ISO.
Suitable for children 3+ years old.
Puppets as an educational toy will:
- develop language and reading skills.
- freely express emotional issues and resolve them, by using the puppet as an extension of self.
- trigger imaginative and creative play when children perform their own puppet show.
- work motor skills by manipulating the puppet; or when taking the puppet’s clothes off or putting them back on the puppet, or when using buttons, zippers, or shoelaces.
- gain confidence, become brave and improve self-esteem.
- encourages socialising, team building, organisational skills and public speaking.
Click here for Product Safety information.
Click here for Care Guidance information.