Once upon a time, at the edge of a wide and dusty desert, there lived an old bilby. His name was Hunwick.
When a mysterious egg appears outside Hunwick's burrow, no one is quite certain what to think. And when it doesn't hatch right away, everyone is even more bewildered. Everyone except Hunwick, that is. Hunwick understands that the egg is his friend, and he is the only one who knows its secret.
This treasure of a book promises the young reader a simple, beautifully illustrated tale of identity and belonging.
Koala Lou is the first born in a large family. She feels sad because her mother seems too busy to pay her any attention. Perhaps if she wins the tree-climbing at the Bush Olympics her mother might notice her again . . . Koala Lou starts her training right away!
An Australian classic by the author and illustrator of Hunwick's Egg.
- 32 pages.
- beautifully written and illustrated.
- Great for children aged 3 to 7 years.
- REAL Children's Choice Awards; 2005; Shortlisted; Picture Story Books.
- REAL Children's Choice Awards; 2006; Shortlisted; Picture Story Books.
- REAL Children's Choice Awards; 2013; Shortlisted; Picture Books.