Our island lies beneath a big blue sky, surrounded by the turquoise sea. Turtles glide through the clear salt water, and dugongs graze on banks of seagrass.
In this lyrical celebration of place, the children of Mornington Island explore their home in words and pictures.
This is a collaboration with much-loved children's picture-book creators authors Alison Lester and Elizabeth Honey.
All royalties from Our Island and one dollar from the sale of each copy are donated to Mornington Island State School to fund art projects in the community.
- 34 pages.
- beautifully written and illustrated.
- Great for children aged 4 to 7 years.
- Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards; 2015; Shortlisted; Indigenous children.
- CBCA Book of the Year Awards; 2015; Notable Book; Early Childhood.
- WA Premier's Book Awards; 2016; Shortlisted; Children's Books.