A stunning graphic novel from an extraordinarily talented illustrator. On the cusp of having everything slip from his grasp, a young boy has to find a way to rebuild his sense of self.
An ordinary boy in an ordinary world.
We played in that old tin cubby, swam in the creek with the catfish, and fell asleep to the ribbip of frogs at night.
With no words, only illustrations, Small Things tells the story of a boy who feels alone with his worries, but who learns that help is always close by.
A universal story, told simply and with breathtaking beauty, about dealing with sadness, anxiety, depression, heartache or loss, and finding your way in the world.
The best art gives a voice to the voiceless parts of our lives, and Small Things does so with heartfelt precision.' Shaun Tan.
- 32 pages.
- beautifully illustrated.
- Great for children aged 10 to 14 years.
- Shortlisted CBCA Book of the Year, Crichton Award for New Illustrators 2017 AU.
- Winner The Ledger Awards - Gold Ledger 2017 AU.
- Shortlisted Australian Book Design Awards - Best Designed Children's Illustrated Book 2017 AU.
- Longlisted CBCA Picture Book of the Year 2017 AU