The Duck and the Darklings
Peterboy wants to find something special for his grandfather, but he finds a fallen duck in need of care. This is an extraordinary and totally enchanting story of friendship, hope and joy from two very talented, award-winning picture-book makers.
Grandpapa's eyes shine when he remembers the beauty of the world, long-ago. Peterboy wants to find something wonderful to bring the light to Grandpapa's eyes and keep it there. What he finds is a duck, wounded and broken, and Grandpapa mends her from top to tail; quack, waddle and wing!
The Duck and the Darklings is a triumphant story, for children and adults, about the coming of hope in dark days, the warmth of friendship and the splendour of a new dawn.
- 32 pages.
- beautifully illustrated.
- Great for children aged 4 to 8 years.
- WINNER: 2016 WA Premier's Book Awards, Children's Books AU.
- SHORT-LISTED: 2015 CBCA Picture Book of the Year.
- SHORT-LISTED: 2015 NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children's Literature.
- Selected by the International Youth Library as a White Raven 2015 book.