You have told us that you love your Flat Friend® Doll Hand Puppet and played with it so much that it needs a clean. We use premium quality soft and luxurious material to make your doll hand puppet, such as long fur for the hair and velour fabric for the body of your doll hand puppet. To give your doll hand puppet form, structure, and to make it easier and lovelier for you to hold and to bring to life while playing, we use foam and stuff the doll hand puppet with soft and light polyester, and or polyester/cotton filling.
Our Flat Friend® Doll Hand Puppets are surface-washable, which means only the surface of the fabric can be wiped clean. Please do not use a washing machine or submerge your puppet in water, otherwise your puppet will die by losing its shape. The stuffing will become lumpy and you will destroy the foam and any other material we use to give the puppet form and structure.
To clean the surface of the fabric used for the body of your doll hand puppet, you must remove all the clothing. The doll puppet clothing can be washed separately. After removing all your doll hand puppet’s clothing;
- You can surface clean your Doll Hand Puppet; that is the top of the fabric can we wiped with a wet cloth or sponge.
- Use lukewarm clear water on a clean sponge or cloth and gently wipe the stain until it disappears.
- If the stain is stubborn and needs detergent;
- Use a small drop of a non-enzyme, delicate wool-wash on a wet clean sponge or cloth, and then
- Use lukewarm clear water on a clean sponge or cloth and remove all the detergent and any leftover stain.
- You must make certain that all the soap/detergent is removed.
- The fabric will be damp from the wet sponge or cloth, you must shake off any moisture.
- To completely dry your Doll Hand Puppet;
- Lay the Doll Hand Puppet flat on a towel,
- Fold a towel over the Doll Hand Puppet and gently press the towel on the Doll Hand Puppet to absorb excess moisture,
- Place the Doll Hand Puppet in a well-ventilated place to air dry,
- Keep turning the Doll Hand Puppet to completely air dry all sides.
- Use a soft bristle grooming brush to remove any water spots and to freshen the fabric or fur. Please remember to only use a soft bristle brush and to brush in the same direction as the fabric, fur or grain otherwise you will pull the fabric or fur and damage your puppet,
- If your puppet has long fur, a soft bristle brush will help to restore the fur.
- When brushing you must brush with the fur or fabric grain, please do not brush against the fabric or fur grain this will damage the fabric.
- You must make certain that the Doll Hand Puppet is completely dry to avoid bacteria build up in the fabric or fur.
By carefully looking after your Flat Friend® Doll Hand Puppet you will have many years of joy. Remember to always love your Flat Friend® Doll Hand Puppet, otherwise it will feel sad and neglected!
- Wash your Doll Hand Puppet in a washing machine.
- Plunge or submerge your Doll Hand Puppet in water.
- Tumble Dry your Doll Hand Puppet.
- Wring or twist your Doll Hand Puppet.
- Place your Doll Hand Puppet near or on a heater because your puppet will burn!
- Hang your Doll Hand Puppet on a washing line because the sun, heat and hanging will make it lose its shape.
- Use a hard or harsh bristle brush to brush the velour, fur or hair, please remember to be gentle and brush your Doll Hand Puppet with love and care, otherwise you will hurt and damage your loved Puppet.
Washing the clothing used for your doll hand puppet;
- You can use a washing machine to wash the clothing.
- Use cold water.
- Use a small drop of a non-enzyme, delicate wool-wash.
- The spin speed must not exceed 900, for best results use 600 or drip/dry.
- Hang the doll clothing in the shade on a washing line, otherwise the sun will change the colour or damage the fabric.
- If the clothing is drip/dry, the doll clothing will not need to be ironed.
- Make certain that the clothing is completely dry before packing the clothes or dressing your doll hand puppet with the clothes.
- Do not iron.