Annika, Girl Hand Puppet & Free Drawstring Bag
Annika has beautiful round blue eyes, peach/pink skin, long straight white-blond hair, white-blond eyebrows, & black eyelashes.
Quality tested to meet international standards and safe for 3 years plus.
Size: H=46cm, W=20cm, D=10cm
Annika, our 46cm high Girl Hand Puppet, wants to be your best friend and inspire you to be brave and confident. She's lots of fun, tells the best stories and loves to read out loud.
Annika is made from premium quality soft velour fabric. She has long straight white blond hair, pale peach/pink skin, white blond embroidered eyebrows and black embroidered eyelashes. Her carefully embroidered beautiful round blue engaging eyes look at you with love and kindness. She has cute fingers, toes, ears, nose and navel. She is stuffed and looks more like a stuffed toy or fabric doll, making it easier for you to hold her and manipulate her as a puppet. You will fall in love with Annika from the moment you pick her up and play with her.
She doesn’t have any clothes on to let you choose how you would like to dress her. Choose one of the many clothing items we have especially for her. You might want her in a pink or green dress, so something more colourful or just jeans and a t-shirt. Its up to you to decide. I’m sure she will be happy with whatever you choose.
Once you dress her you can take her anywhere. Take her to school or feature her in a puppet show.
Annika loves to play and is a great listener. She can be a chatter box and will keep you company for hours becoming your best friend. Bring her to life and share many experiences with her.
Fits a child's hand and up to an average size adult hand. Hand goes in from the back of her body into her head, mouth and arms. Her mouth opens with a tongue. Her head, body, arms and legs are stuffed to allow easy handling for play and to make the puppet more like a stuffed soft toy.
She will inspire your imagination, allow you the freedom to be creative and to come out of your shell. If you’re shy, you can use Annika and speak through her to articulate how you are feeling or to gain courage to play with other kids. You can use her to re-tell stories you heard or to create your own stories.
Research with early education specialists has highlighted and proven that Puppets as an educational toy for a child’s growing and developing mind and as a teacher’s or parent’s aid has many benefits;
- By bringing their puppet to life as an independent personality, children will gain courage to speak in front of their classmates and to practise public speaking. Annika will assist them to interact and socialise with other children and adults.
- Through Annika children will be able to articulate emotional stresses and feelings and resolve them. They can express themselves, gain confidence and become brave with a can-do attitude.
- Children will use their puppet to role play and repeat various tasks that they find challenging improving their confidence and self-esteem.
- The puppets will work fine and gross motor skill dexterity, and hand-eye coordination. Children need to put their hand inside the puppet to manipulate the arms, face, mouth and tongue. Annika can be undressed to allow a change of clothes. Some puppet clothes have buttons, zippers and shoelaces. Practising tasks such as; doing up buttons or tying shoelaces will give them confidence and help them become independent.
- Puppets inspire imaginative play, trigger creativity, tests memory, and develops language and reading skills. When children re-tell a story they heard, you will see what they remembered and get an insight into their use of language.
- Children can perform a puppet show, which encourages organisational skills, script writing if they create their own story, language development and use of language when they perform the show, or they may express emotions or feeling that are bothering them through their performance.
Quality tested to meet all international standards including CE, ASTM, CPSIA and ISO.
Suitable for children 3+ years old.
Puppets as an educational toy will:
- develop language and reading skills.
- freely express emotional issues and resolve them, by using the puppet as an extension of self.
- trigger imaginative and creative play when children perform their own puppet show.
- work motor skills by manipulating the puppet; or when taking the puppet clothes off or putting them on the puppet and using buttons, zippers, or shoelaces.
- gain confidence, become brave and improve self-esteem.
- encourages socialising, team building, organisational skills and public speaking.
Click here for Product Safety information.
Click here for Care Guidance information.