Eyes That Kiss in the Corners & Girl Hand Puppet & Free Drawstring Bag
- Suki, 46cm high Girl Hand Puppet, is carefully hand-crafted with excellent detail & embroidered engaging eyes. An average size adult hand fits comfortably from the back of the puppet into its head, mouth & arms.
- Eyes that Kiss in the Corner; Written by Joanna Ho and Illustrated by Dung Ho. This powerful, poetic picture book will resonate with readers of all ages.
- Free Cotton Drawstring Bag and gift card
Hand Puppet is quality tested to meet all international standards & safe for 3 years plus.
Book & Hand Puppet Gift Set includes; Eyes that Kiss in the Corners is a lyrical, stunning picture book tells a story about learning to love and celebrate your Asian-shaped eyes, in the spirit of Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry, and is a celebration of diversity. Children will be engaged reading the story using our friendly and cuddly Heidi, hand puppet, or listening to you read the story to them with Heidi. The puppet will make the story fun and exciting!
Your child will fall in love with Heidi from the moment they pick her up and play with her.
Suki as a puppet will engage your child in the story, developing language, teaching them to love reading and encouraging them to write. Your child will gain confidence in storytelling, reading and writing.
Bring Suki to life when you put your hand inside her and manipulate her. An average size adult hand and fingers fit comfortably from the back of her body into her head, mouth and arms. Her mouth opens and she has a tongue. You can move her mouth, head, and arms. Her head, body, arms and legs are stuffed to allow easy handling for play and to make the puppet more like a stuffed soft toy.
Suki is easy to use, fun to play with, cute, cuddly and lovable.
This Book & Girl Hand Puppet Gift Set includes;
- Eyes that Kiss in the Corner; A young Asian girl notices that her eyes look different from her peers'. They have big, round eyes and long lashes. She realizes that her eyes are like her mother's, her grandmother's, and her little sister's. They have eyes that kiss in the corners and glow like warm tea, crinkle into crescent moons, and are filled with stories of the past and hope for the future. Drawing from the strength of these powerful women in her life, she recognizes her own beauty and discovers a path to self-love and empowerment. This powerful, poetic picture book will resonate with readers of all ages. Written by Joanna Ho and Illustrated by Dung Ho.
- Sakura ”桜 or 櫻or さくら”, our 46cm Girl Hand Puppet, prefers being called Suki is made from premium quality soft velour fabric. She has long straight black hair, pale peach/pink skin, black embroidered eyebrows and eyelashes. Her carefully embroidered beautiful slanted brown engaging eyes look at you with love and kindness. She has cute fingers, toes, ears, nose and navel. She is made with excellent detail and is stuffed to look more like a soft toy, fabric stuffed doll, character or person. Her stuffing and design makes it easier for you to hold her and to manipulate her as a puppet. You will fall in love with Suki from the moment you pick her up and play with her.
- Free Unbleached Cotton Drawstring bag and gift card
Quality tested to meet all international standards including CE, ASTM, CPSIA and ISO.
Suitable for children 3+ years old.
Puppets as an educational toy will:
- develop language and reading skills.
- freely express emotional issues and resolve them, by using the puppet as an extension of self.
- trigger imaginative and creative play when children perform their own puppet show.
- work motor skills by manipulating the puppet; or when taking the puppet’s clothes off or putting them back on the puppet, or when using buttons, zippers, or shoelaces.
- gain confidence, become brave and improve self-esteem.
- encourages socialising, team building, organisational skills and public speaking.
Click here for Product Safety information.
Click here for Care Guidance information.